An indigenous company operating in the downstream sector of the oil and gas industry wants to hire a Technical Superintendent. The ideal candidate will be assisting the Technical Managers to ensure adequate cover on a day to day basis.
- Coordinate and control the supply of spare parts and necessary vessel equipment.
- Provide guidance and solutions to technical issues to ensure the full technical readiness and optimum performance of the vessels in meeting the service commitments of the company.
- Provide a leading role and technical expertise in the event of an emergency response situation.
- Promote safety and safe working practices as an operational necessity.
- Provide effective communication across all levels within the company to inform of significant operational/technical issues that impact on the availability of vessels.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor maintenance programmes and dry-docking.
- Keep proper operational records.
- Inspect regularly the vessels regarding compliance with safety, environmental protection, and hygiene as per international safety management code requirements.
- Assist the crew during cases of troubleshooting.
- Be constantly aware of the situation of the vessels, the maintenance status and the repairs needs of the vessels on a short, medium and long term basis.
- Develop the annual technical department budget.
- Arrange for closure of deficiencies found in vetting, psc inspections, charterers inspections, p&i club surveys, etc.
- A degree from a Nautical Institution (Certificate of Competency STCW Regulation III/2)
- 5 years seagoing experience as an engineer officer with a minimum of 2 in the rank of chief engineer on tankers
- The seagoing experience may be waived provided other relevant experience like shipyard and/or new-building site work has been performed, classification society surveyor.
- Preferably minimum of 3 years’ experience as a technical superintendent in a tanker management shipping company or background as Naval Architect or Marine/Mechanical Engineer and experience with a shipping company, classification society
- Proficiency in the use of English language (Written and spoken)
- Decision making and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively manage, work and deal with people from multi-ethnic background.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and good organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Commitment to work outside office hours.
- Proficient in MS Office tools.
|Job Category||Oil & Gas / Maritime / Energy|