A business conglomerate with diverse cross-sector interests in sub-Saharan Africa is looking to hire a Legal Counsel, Secretariat Services and Regulatory Affairs.
You will be responsible for providing all legal secretariat services across the Group as well as liaising with regulatory agencies, preparation of regulatory reports and managing relationships with regulatory bodies for all business operations.
- Assist the Group Head, General Counsel / Company Secretary in providing legal advice and secretarial services to the Group on compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Assist the Group Head, General Counsel / Company Secretary in coordinating the Board reviews/evaluation
- Ensure that all statutory records, i.e. register of shareholders / directors, information memoranda, minutes of Board meetings, share ownership structure and changes in any of these, are in accordance with the relevant regulations/acts
- Liaise with relevant functional SBUs within the Group to ensure that disclosure requirements are met for annual financial statement preparation
- Monitor and advise the Group Head, General Counsel / Company Secretary on corporate governance trends and changes in relevant legislation
- Assist the Group Head, General Counsel / Company Secretary in monitoring to ensure statutory returns are made to the relevant authorities
- Implement legal strategies to ensure minimal interruptions to company operations from third parties
- Provide assistance to the Group Head, General Counsel / Company Secretary during liaisons with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors on behalf of the Group
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment, and advise management on current legislation, regulatory issues, or legal risks that might impact the Group’s strategies and operations
- Liaise with Government agencies to ensure that the Group obtains relevant licenses, permits and approvals for business operations
Academic Qualification/Professional Qualification/Experience
- First Degree in Law (LLB, BL)
- Membership of relevant professional bodies such as Institute of Chartered Secretaries of Nigeria (ICSA)
- Minimum of 7 years or relevant experience with at least 2 years in a supervisory role
- Proven hands-on technical capacity in dealing with and advising on matters of corporate, business and commercial law, encompassing contracts/agreements, litigation, arbitration and legal risk management.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively – oral and written
- Deep knowledge of and very current with developing legal issues and trends, institutional policies and procedures, regulations and by-laws as well as the legal environment within which they operate
- Excellent planning and record management skills
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong leadership skills, intuitiveness and ability to pay attention to details
- Strong analytical and crisis management skills
- High level of integrity, objectivity and professional skepticism
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
To apply, click the apply button or send your application to us at email@example.com with job title as subject of email.
Please Note: Only candidates who meet above requirements will be contacted.
|Job Category||Legal Services|