Are you an experienced Financial Controller?
We have a vacancy for this position for one of our clients, a major player in the oil and gas industry.
You will be responsible for effectively managing the company’s financial resources as well as recommending strategies for managing operational costs and maximizing profits.
- Liaise with the Group CFO to develop/update and implement financial and accounting policies, procedures and strategies across the Group
- Develop the Group’s annual plans, budgets, forecasts and financial performance metrics to guide business operations and strategy execution
- Establish company-wide standards for system, data and processes. Develop, update and guide the implementation of finance SOPs across the group
- Design and guide the implementation of a sound accounting framework and compliance with tax and other statutory provisions
- Assist in the development and maintenance of sound financial controls across the group’s operations
- Coordinate the proper capturing of financial transactions and consolidation of the company’s accounts from all business units and functions
- Prepare accurate, comprehensive and timely financial and management information including tax, cash flow, management accounts and other statutory accounts
- Coordinate the preparation of the company’s financial reports
- Manage the statutory reporting process, including setting timetables and providing guidelines to operational finance teams across the Group. This includes supporting the year end Group accounts and annual review process
- Work with finance teams to ensure intra-group balances are regularly reconciled and variances fully investigated and resolved
- Maintain on-going liaison with relevant external bodies/contacts e.g. regulatory organizations, auditors, solicitors, banks etc
- Ensure timely invoicing for jobs completed, and actively follow up with clients on outstanding receivables
- Prepare Letters of Credit for approval and forwards to the bank to facilitate the importation of products
- Oversee the computation and remittance of taxes, payment of insurance premiums and other statutory fees
- Provide technical training, guidance and advise on financial accounting issues, developments and trends
- Review weekly reports submitted by various departments/functional units and presents timely reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Assist the CFO in financial risk management and control
- Ensure strict adherence to HSE policies and procedures and comply with safe work methods as required.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by Supervisor/line Manager
- First Degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Economics
- A post graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. ICAN, ACCA
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience with at least 5 years at management level.
- Experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience in financial management and ability to diagnose and solve complex financial problems
- Ability to analyze financial data and interpret financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Strong Integrity
- Competency in the use of automated financial accounting and reporting applications.
- Good knowledge of local and international financial regulatory standards.
- Intuitiveness and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Tax, Banking / Finance / Insurance|