Cargo Supervisor needed urgently by one of our clients, an indigenous shipping company. The ideal candidate will be overseeing receiving and shipping operations on a daily basis.
- Supervise freight flow processes and maintain stock areas
- Focus on efficient processes and continuous operational improvement.
- Ensure subcontractors operate according to set requirements.
- Ensure that all cargoes are discharged and loaded per set guidelines
- Report and distribute information before, during and after vessel operations.
- Accountable to ensure budgetary requirements are met.
- Assist in proper positioning of equipment in cooperation with vessel planning within the scope of responsibility.
- Assist and engage in all vessel husbandry activity.
- Ensure the safety of all employees in accordance with the safety program.
- Degree in Marine Engineering
- 7 years offshore experience in a similar position.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of vessel and/or terminal operations including but not limited to labor contracts, safety regulations, and environmental compliance.
- Must possess good leadership skills
- Ability to work safely and effectively outside in all weather conditions for extended periods of time.
|Oil & Gas / Maritime / Energy