Our client with over 28 years experience in the oil industry and a major partner for international EPC Contractors in Nigeria needs to hire a Technical Manager.
The ideal candidate will take full responsibility and accountability for the overall Projects technical function and personnel, whilst implementing and approving corporate governance and procedures, and maintaining best practices, policies and procedures.
- Provide technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
- Apply significant knowledge of fabrication trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Review work of development team.
- Easily recognize system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Establish Project Quality plan and construction methods statements
- Responsible for managing technical risks throughout the projects.
- Communicate and enforce Coding standards and Projects specifications.
- Perform Code & Specifications reviews.
- Manage technical resources within budget and project schedule.
- Implement tools for: planning, document control, site material follow-up, material take off, and physical progress.
- Manage the quality control team
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Hold regular status meetings with the Project departments.
- Keep Project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Skills & Qualifications
- Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
- Overall relevant work experience in a fabrication unit of minimum 15 years, of which minimum 5 years at a similar managerial position
- General knowledge (technical knowledge in mechanical engineering, power, Instrumentation…)
- Good knowledge of systems for the management of Quality
- Good command of the English language
- Successful experience in technical management (turn-key projects)
- Competence in design and engineering software packages
- Ability to understand situations (strategic pertinence and anticipation)
- Good communication skills (ability to understand and make himself/herself understood)
- Strong Leadership and communication skills required Teamwork
- Client Management
|Job Category||Oil & Gas / Maritime / Energy|