Business Development Manager
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Assess, understand and analyze the needs and expectations of the Client in order to design the most relevant technical bid
- Analyze the technical and financial risks through the assessment of the bid documentation
- Close new business deals.
- Gather competitor and market intelligence for input to the sales and marketing strategy whilst providing input to that strategy.
- Responsible for designing the commercial bid template
- Assess the feasibility and profitability of the project for the Company
- Position the bid in terms of prices and time limits, based on the technical documents and/or consultations
- Build and maintain customer relationships to better understand their business and needs
- Build a sustainable pipeline of new sales opportunities that will grow the customer base.
Key Requirements/ Skills
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a similar role within an engineering design business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Civil Engineering, GIS, Public Administration, or related degree
- Must have a record of accomplishment in new business wins.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels. Effective communication skills for both written and verbal interface with clients, management, and co-workers.
- Proven ability to consistently hit and exceed sales targets.
- Ability to provide innovative sales techniques in a challenging market.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Proven skills in managing multiple projects at a time whilst paying strict attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and effective time management skills.
|Job Category||Engineering & Design|
|Minimum Qualification||Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field|
|Years of Experience||7 Years|