Planning & Control Manager
Our client an indigenous EPC company needs a Planning & Control Manager. You will be managing and overseeing project controls for engineering and construction projects.
Job Location: Warri, Delta State.
- Work with Project Manager and stakeholders to develop integrated master schedules for proposed budget projects and long range planning projects using Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Review master schedule, short interval schedule and monthly construction schedule updates to analyze project performance.
- Assist with the review of baseline schedule and monthly schedule updates for compliance with contract requirements.
- Work with Project Managers and stakeholders to resource load schedules and develop resource demand projections
- Coordinate with suppliers and contractors to identify long lead items and expediting strategy. Track key and long lead items in schedules
- Conduct interactive planning sessions to develop and establish schedule baselines
- Update and maintain project schedule progress
- Verify alignment of P6 Milestones with corresponding OPPM records
- Assess schedule deviations, recorded scope changes and highlighted bottlenecks which could impact work progress
- Conduct schedule analyses to highlight and communicate potential risks and opportunities and recommend mitigation strategies
- Provide project status reports including key performance metrics.
- Review other historic data to identify patterns, trends and exceptions to expected performance.
- Prepare variance reports on activity status and resource usage.
- Research project data and records to identify reasons for project delays.
- Assist in evaluating the status of the project and development of strategies to overcome variances and delays.
- Work closely with construction management team, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Implement and maintain project controls systems.
- Must have at least, a collegiate degree in construction management or technical field.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Must have a minimum of 15 years hands-on experience onsite construction/ project management and successful planning of complex technical projects in oil and gas industry.
- Oracle Primavera P6 and Oracle Project Portfolio Management (OPPM), MS Project and MS Office
- Knowledge of project controls (cost and schedule management) methods and tools
- Commercial Management experience for all project phases: pre-construction, commissioning and validation
- Proven track record in developing cost estimates at both conceptual and detailed levels
- Proficient in progress measurement / earned value techniques for project control purposes
- Project time & cost tracking and analytical skills i.e. the ability to enter time and cost data for each project and analyze compared to established budget.
- Ability to understand and assist in the planning of tasks for new projects.
- Ability to organize/ analyze the data and summarize information for current and future projects
- Ability to identify trends and exceptions through data analysis.
- Must be very energetic and work with assiduous concentration.
|Job Category||Engineering & Design|