Fashion Design Assistant
- Provide both creative and practical support to fashion designers by pooling ideas and handling office work
- Confer with clients to understand their design needs and come provide feedback on presented ideas
- Discuss clients’ design needs with fashion designer to obtain input
- Work with existing and new customers on new ideas, concepts and designs
- Assist in creating mood and trend boards for reference purposes
- Perform extensive market trend research to understand competitive opportunities
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers for material procurement and make sure that samples are received on time
- Work with clients to obtain trim approvals
- Assist fashion designer throughout the production development procedure
- Provide support by assisting in photo-shoots and fashion or ramp shows
- Handle draping and pattern making activities
- Use technology to develop electronic prototypes of designs to show clients what the end product will look like
- Make sketches of proposed designs for clients
- Assist clients in making design decisions by proposing changes or alterations
- Create client records and contact existing clients when new designs or materials are available
- Inspect fabric and end design to look for possible tears and report discrepancies to designer on immediate basis
- Make-certain that designs are ready in time for delivery or pick up
Requirements & Qualifications
- A diploma in fashion and textiles is a plus
- A good fashion sense
- Must have at least some knowledge of fashion design processes.
- You should be able to draw sketches and communicate both technical and creative ideas to the designer you are reporting to.
- You should be able to use design software.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Job Category||Creatives (Arts, Design, Fashion)|
|Years of Experience||1 - 3 years|