Our client, a subsidiary of a globally renowned EPC Contractor with interest in onshore, offshore projects is looking to recruit a Contracts Manager. You will be the focal point for the Company’s contracting requirements in order to ensure that business undertakings are put in place on the most cost-effective and minimal risk basis, all in accordance with the Company Procedures and all appropriate procurement legislation.
- Prepare and develop Contract Strategies
- Analyse and evaluate proposals.
- Negotiate contracts, working on terms and conditions and commercial points.
- Prepare final contract documents, internal recommendations for Local Tender Committee and Corporate Tender Boards and execution of contract.
- Administer the contract of its life cycle including contract performance management where applicable. This may include:
– Rate reviews, amendment, variation, milestones, completion/handover, disputes, invoicing and management of key suppliers.
– Raising of Purchase Orders from approved requisitions, applying diligence to pricing, issue of call off orders to suppliers, track return of orders and expediting same.
– Assurance of all documentation requirements relating to new contracts (Insurance documentation) and maintenance of existing contract documentation.
– Analysis of information to provide contracting strategies, demand planning and management information.
– Contract Performance Management of key strategic contracts in conjunction with Contract Owners
– Implement the claims register from the start of the project and support the project manager in the negotiations with the client.
Skills & Qualification
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject (Preferably QS, Business, Law or technical)
- Overall relevant work experience in a fabrication unit of minimum 10 years, of which minimum 5 years at a similar managerial position
- Substantial knowledge of standard forms of contracts
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Good knowledge of English language
- Knowledge of contracting strategies
- Invitations to tender
- Commercial / contractual risk evaluations
- Contractual negotiations
- Award recommendations
- Must know how to execute contracts
- Must know how to interface with technical teams
|Job Category||Oil & Gas / Maritime / Energy|