Delivered by – Jasper International Academy the learning department of Jasper Global Corporation an International Human Capital Performance Improvement Company. Jasper Global Corporation operates through two primary brands of Jasper International Academy and Jasper International Consulting. Jasper Global Corporation is headquartered in Dominica in the Caribbean, we have Jasper International Academy offices based in London UK, Dubai, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Our programme covers a range of very important topics for current or future managers and leaders. The focus in this programme will be in general Leadership and Management Skills including Decision making, Problem Solving, Planning and Delegation, Team Management including Communicating, Influencing, Motivating, Managing People, and Time Management. It’s a comprehensive 5 day Certified Course.
The old values of management are becoming less and less relevant in today’s climate where technological and social changes produce a workforce who prefers to agree rather than obey. This in turn requires a style of management leaning towards helping people to do their jobs better, as well to development and growth.
Management today involves operating in an environment of ever improving communication systems requiring faster and more accurate decision making. However, those in the team are still expecting time for face to face communication. Working under such circumstance forces the manager to be often torn between the pressures of exerting ‘strong’ leadership on the one hand and allowing participative methods on the other.
One thing is for sure; leadership is a complex issue when exercised by the individual. It is a combination of organising and motivating, setting goals and controlling through effective communication, while giving people confidence in what they are doing. The confidence given by the manager to his team develops through giving value to their jobs, them as an individual, and to them as a team.
To enable the manager to be more effective in his role, this programme is based on practical experience in the learning methodology, rather than just talking theory. In this programme you will identify how you can enhance your own leadership style using active communication and problem-solving techniques. Therefore, at every opportunity you are given the chance to apply your learning to the workplace through role-plays, discussion, video, case stories. exercises and action plans.
Aims and objectives
- Understand the main principles & practices of leadership
- Undertake self-analysis and evaluation of their existing leadership styles and Situational awareness
- Discover ways to achieve more through smart delegation
- Communicating for effectiveness
- Understanding and applying the art of decision-making
- Management vs. Leadership.
- Understand the dynamics of leadership
- Understand the nature and purpose of management
- Comprehend how to manage your time
- Be able to distinguish between proactive and reactive tasks
- Be better equipped to schedule time by using the urgency and importance criteria
- Appreciate that Planning is arranging to make the best possible use of resources in order to achieve objectives and how to plan for future business needs
- Understand that Organizing means dividing of a large volume of work into smaller units so that people carry out the work effectively.
- Be able to state the Important factors of motivating the team
- Have an overall view of Coaching as a technique that helps achieve both performance improvement and employee development
- Appreciate the value of conflict management and a basic understanding of assertiveness
- Get an overall view of the qualities and skills required to lead
- Increase your ability to enlist the knowledge, energy and resources of others
- Build an executive leadership style that creates trust, sets a clear vision and guides your entire team toward greater performance and profit
- Gain insights into the key executive leadership skills and techniques you need to create a winning strategy
- Learn what real “coaching” consists of and how to build an extraordinary team that works together to deliver results
- Develop heightened “emotional intelligence” for greater professional achievement and satisfaction
- Identify the characteristics of effective leadership
- Develop an executive leadership style that adapts to the person and situation
- Improve performance through empowerment and effective delegation
- Clearly communicate mission, vision and value statements
A highly qualified facilitator, with practical and vast international supervisory and management experience ensure that all learning content is communicated and facilitated by using proven but also highly creative methods.
The training methodology is highly interactive and participative with business case studies and role play; presentations and discussion groups, analysing and discussing real life dilemmas. Delegates will be active in an interactive environment.
The facilitator will provide appropriate pre and post course articles to the subjects, from sources such as HBR, Sloane, McKinsey, Wharton School of Business, etc. Video clips are added to his training to further understanding of individual subjects. As well, segments from his specially produced DVD, “Conversations with Leaders” will be shown.
On completion of this course, participants will have developed competencies that will see them flourish in their careers and become valued employees. In particular they will:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Leaders who can communicate clearly and effectively will be better equipped to build strong relationships with virtual team members, which set the foundation for almost everything else. A competency that can really set you apart as a leader is to possess great communication skills.
- Managing Conflict: Effective leaders understand why conflict occurs and tackle it head-on using an approach that is most appropriate for a given situation.
- Solving problems and Making Good Decisions: All leaders need to be effective decision makers and collect the facts essential to make an informed decision.
- The Ability to Analyse Issues and Problem Solve: Outstanding leaders excel at analysing issues and problem solving by using proven systems and practices to systematically analyse information collected from various sources.
- Managing Change: The ability to implement new initiatives is critical to advancing your organisation’s objectives and maintaining a competitive advantage.
- The Ability to Inspire and Motivate Others: From middle manage up to the senior levels of a company, a leader must have the ability to inspire and motivate those under his/her leadership, and in some cases, those above him/her in the corporate hierarchy.
- Convey High Integrity and Honesty: A person that is looking to be perceived as an outstanding leader in his/her organisation must also display the characteristics of high integrity and honesty. display a reputation of sincerity, truthfulness, and trustworthiness.
- Drives for Results: One competency that always stands out is a leader that can consistently meet goals, commitments, and deadlines. Teamwork and Collaboration: A good leader has not only the ability to lead his/her own team to success, but also to foster collaboration and teamwork with other leaders and their teams in an organisation. Time Management: Implement new systems to eliminate time wastage and enhance performance
Who Should Attend
- All Employees that are responsible for managing staff and those who need practical management and organizational skills to operate effectively in their role.
How to register?
Contact us on any of these; firstname.lastname@example.org, +2347033513390,+2349091214544
To be communicated